Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My 'thank you' letter to Google+

Dear Google+,

Thank you for finally bringing a cohesiveness to all that Google offers. My mind was starting to spin out of control with all the products that Google has offered over the years and now that everything fits together so nicely on my profile page, a sigh of relief has come over me.

Google brought me YouTube, Google search, Gmail, Picasa, Google Docs, reader, Picnik, Google Earth, Google Maps, Blogspot and so much more. Before, I would go to all of those websites individually because I never really had a need to have a Google profile without a social media platform. Now, you have provided me Google+ and all has changed.

You offer all that Facebook does but without the mess. No more random "Top News". No more events from people you don't know. So many more privacy settings and so much more CONTROL over who can view what you post and which friends' post you want to view.

Applications allow me to have my photo automatically upload to a private folder so that I will never have to upload multiple photos at once or worry about losing my photos if my phone breaks/lost.

Facebook has business pages and this is something you promise will be delivered soon and we are all a little giddy to see the full product in use.

The platform is clean and easy to use, and for that, we say, "Thank you."

From one of your biggest fans,

Casey

P.S. How about putting some more work into that app of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment